Well. . . Broadway does move at a pace unlike any other theatre I've encountered. I arrived at the St. James Theatre at 10 minutes to nine and met the production (for lack of a better term) Technical Director.
He gave me a tour of the theatre and in no time I was off to rehearsal with Christine to rework a scenic piece - a desk. While we were discussing how to alter Mark's (character's name) desk, I was able to catch a staging rehearsal with Harry Connick Jr. What an absolute professional. Very kind. Very focused.
After about 1.5 hours at rehearsal where we were measuring a scenic wagon that had less than an inch of clearance between scenery, fire pocket, and lighting equipment. After that, I headed to the Equity office to sign my contract, then, it was off to the studio to draft.
I stayed at the studio until about 6:30 pm. Longish first day. Tomorrow I will be at the theatre to discuss a concern with the DS portal - every day it's something to troubleshoot and make absolutely perfect - I love it.
More to come. . . now for dinner then, to bed.
What are you working on up there? Just contact Shawn about getting him some work down here in south Arkansas. Trying to pick a show to come see up in the villa this season. Hope we have a chance catch up when we get up that direction again.
ReplyDelete