Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day Before Day #1

I am attaching a photo of the beautiful sublet (Thank you Mr. Gross and thank you Ken Martin!!) If I had drawn a picture of the most perfect place to stay while on this adventure, it wouldn't have looked this beautiful.

I am staying in Washington Heights very close to a number of old friends - hopefully there will be many cups of coffee or dinner with them all.  Spent the morning getting some groceries and finished unpacking.  The gentleman I am subletting from is a conductor in the city and has worked with many of the most amazing musicals - Urinetown, Les Miserables, etc.  We had dinner as a very nice little place close to my place last night and he shared a few great stories.  He also had a friend from over seas with him who is here looking to get his "break" in the New York Theatre scene.

I will be meeting Christine and Ed (the Associate Designer) at 10:00 am tomorrow morning at the St. James Theatre - photos to come! We will be dealing with the first of, what I am guessing could be many, issues with a couple of scenic units.

I may head down to Times Square in a bit - yesterday there was a large demonstration for Occupy Wall Street that took over a good portion of TS - I wanna see what's happening today. Street theatre, you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment